Our property is well maintained and consists of a Church that is a Category B Listed Building, of traditional style with a gallery and seats approximately 850. The Church has an amplification system, together with a hearing loop. The Church has a Rushworth & Dreeper pipe organ and a Clavinova electric piano.
There are seven stained glass windows within the sanctuary – the oldest is on the east wall and was installed in 1875. The 2nd World War Memorial window is located on the South wall. Two of the windows are dedicated to the life and ministry of two former ministers, Rev. Andrew Ross Taylor and Rev. Duncan McClements, whilst a further two mark the centenaries of the Guild (1987) and The Boys’ Brigade (1989). The final window marks the Millennium.
The Church building is connected to a large hall and small hall- with capacities of approximately 200 and 50 respectively- and to the facilities of a kitchen and toilets with disabled toilet/baby changing facilities. The building also connects with adjoining Boys’ Brigade clubrooms.
The Church buildings are carefully maintained with a major roof overhaul, window protection and a full redecoration of the sanctuary all having been carried out within the last twenty-five years. More recent work has seen the redecoration of the large hall and the refurbishment of the ladies and gents’ toilets. Both buildings are easily accessible to those with disabilities and there is also a disabled toilet.
We employ an Organist/Choir Mistress, Church Officer, a Halls Officer and two part-time Cleaners.